Our Mission and Vision
At St. Timothy Nursery School, we hope to provide an experience which will enhance your child’s total development by providing your child with opportunities to develop a self image outside of the family unit and feel good about who he or she is; explore and discover the world around him or her and appreciate the wonder of God’s creation; develop increased language skills, and cooperate with other children and adults in a warm and comfortable group setting.
Our Preschool provides:
- Play. We follow the early childhood philosophy of children learning best through play, which the American Academy of Pediatrics advises is critical to children's mental health and development.
- Hands-On Experiences. Children learn from exploring real objects such as balancing blocks and solving real problems such as zipping their jackets.
- Activity. Children learn through a variety of activities, such as fantasy and dress-up;physical play, like on the playground; structured games with rules, such as Duck, Duck, Goose; construction play, like building with blocks or Legos; sensory play, like playing in the water and sand tables, and fine-motor play, such as puzzles.
- welcome children and families from a variety of cultures and faiths and encourage children to share their customs with us
- believe that each child is a unique individual created by God.
- focus on teaching Christian concepts of loving, caring and sharing.
Sample Daily Schedule